Dentons is looking for a Research Specialist. Reporting to the Director, Information and Research Services, the Research Specialist plays an important role as part of a national team of professionals who provide research and information services to lawyers, students, and staff at Dentons. The Information and Research Services team is part of the firm’s Practice Support and Optimization (PSO) department.
This position can be located in Edmonton or Calgary.
This role is a full-time, permanent, agile work position, which will include a combination of working in the office and working from home.
- Conduct in-depth and value-added legal, business and media/news research, demonstrating knowledge and skill by identifying, analyzing and synthesizing relevant information to support client work.
- Identify, evaluate, analyze and summarize key information from relevant online and print sources, to provide custom, high-quality research deliverables to lawyers and business services staff.
- Actively participate in the planning and delivery of training in research methodology and resources for students and lawyers.
- Participate in knowledge management (KM) and practice support projects across the firm.
- Develop and build strong relationships within the firm as well as with key vendors and/ or publishers.
- Assist with the selection and evaluation of legal, tax, and business research tools and resources, including online platforms, databases, and apps.
- Ensure the organization and maintenance any physical library space in the office.
- Actively participate in professional development associations, learning and development opportunities and other firm events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please see the full posting here.