HeadStart is an intensive and practical legal research workshop for law and library students entering the legal workplace. Lunch and coffee breaks are included.
Registration opens in the spring; the workshop takes place in June. Many firms send their students to this event; please contact your firm.
Information on the next HeadStart workshop will be posted at HeadStart Announcements.
A typical workshop may include:
- Practical Strategies for Legal Research
- Alberta Legislation – Print and Online
- Federal Legislation – Print and Online
- Legislation – Hands On Exercises
- Secondary Sources – Textbooks and CED – Print and Online
- Dealing with Caselaw Research Costs
- Secondary Sources – Hands On Exercises
- Output: Memos, Opinions, Arguments
- Alberta Law Libraries – Edmonton Tour
Also see HeadStart Materials for sample materials from past years.
HeadStart is an annual event developed and provided by members of ELLA.