- Email notification of upcoming Association events 10+ days in advance
- Optional inclusion in the Association Membership Directory
- Access to the Association Membership Directory
- Ability to post messages to the Member Blog
- Occasional local information field email announcements: job openings, news
- Occasional Association event discounts
- Right to attend all Association meetings (Active & Honourary members)
- Right to vote on Association business (Active & Honourary members)
- Qualify for executive roles (Active & Honourary members)
The Membership Directory lists current members and their business contact information. Members can opt out of inclusion in the Directory. The Directory is available to members only. Members receive the password on registration, or request it from the Web Manager by email.
Annual renewal for Active, Affiliate, and Student members is due by October 31 of each year.
To renew your membership, go to the Membership Form.
New members are welcome to join at any time throughout the year.
To join, go to the Membership Form.
Standard membership; voting rights, hold office. $25 / year; living or working in Edmonton who has an official connection to a law or legislative library or comparable organization.
Non-voting; $25 / year; living in Alberta but not actively engaged in law library work.
Non-voting; free; enrolled in library or records management post-secondary studies.
Voting, rights; hold office; free; for significant contributions to the Association; by nomination and voting affirmation of 75% of voting members.
This is an informal description of the types; see bylaws for official definition and details.