Government of Alberta
Justice and Solicitor General
Alberta Law Libraries
Job Title: Law Library Technician
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: 1 FT position in Calgary (Job ID 1037040) and 1 FT position in Edmonton (Job ID 1037031)
note: Please apply to the position location you are interested in. If you wish to apply for the position in either location, please apply to both postings separately, submitting one complete application package for Edmonton and another for Calgary.
Are you a dynamic, innovative person with a passion for delivering the best client experience? If so, Alberta Law Libraries has an opening for one full-time permanent Law Library Technician position in Edmonton and one full-time permanent position in Calgary.
As a Law Library Technician, you will:
- Deliver circulation services, complete document delivery requests, facilitate inter-library loans, and provide legal and non-legal reference assistance using both print and electronic resources
- Participate in the delivery of current awareness services to Alberta Law Libraries’ clients.
- Provide assistance and guidance in the use of the libraries’ collection, website, online catalogues and external databases.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Alberta Law Libraries’ collections through a range of technical activities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge of library and information science principles, practices, procedures and trends.
- Be skilled in using automated library systems.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Be proficient in utilizing legal print and online databases.
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Be described as energetic and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a customer-service orientation are essential.
Alberta Law Libraries (ALL) is a province-wide network of law libraries operating within Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, Resolution and Court Administration Services Division. The Libraries provide access to legal information resources and legal research services to the legal community (judiciary, crown prosecutors, lawyers, law students and court employees), other libraries and the public. See also: www.lawlibrary.ab.ca/about-us.html
A two year Library Technician Diploma and at least 2 years of related experience is required. Law library experience and/or knowledge of the court systems and processes is preferred.
$1,966.46 – $2,539.98 biweekly
For more information about the position and instruction on how to apply, please view the job postings online via the Government of Alberta Jobs Website.
The competition numbers are: